Monday, August 17, 2009

God's Sense of Humor

As I was leaving church yesterday morning, I couldn't help but think about the fact that numerous men and women who do not know Christ were in our services that morning...and none of them, to my knowledge, received Christ. A little discouraging. However, as I was about to drive off, I saw a man who'd pulled up on a motorcycle pointing at me, so I drove over to say hello. "I need to talk to you," he said.

"Sure, about what?" I replied.

"I want to become a Christian," his answer.

Needless to say, I got out of my car and had a long chat in the parking lot with Mr. Biker. We kneeled in the grass and I got to hear him call upon the Lord. That night, he came to our service for the first time and made his profession public. This week, he'll take our baptism class.

At the end of the day, I realized just how awesome is God's sense of humor. I prepared all week to preach my heart out on Sunday, praying that the lost would be saved. God, however, does not need my preparation or my preaching to save the lost. He can drop the Philippian jailer at my doorstep any time He wants.

No comments: