Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Worthy Promotion

While I was as surprised as anyone to hear about Sarah Palin's resignation as Governor of Alaska, I have been sickened to hear and read the political commentary surrounding it. Everyone is debating whether or not this is a good political move or whether it helps or hurts her chances to become president. Let me tell you what I have yet to hear: I haven't heard anyone asking whether this is a good parenting move or whether it helps or hurts her chances to raise godly children. Frankly, as much as I supported Palin, her resigning as Governor is a promotion. In fact, I'll take it one step further. I believe that the role of a mother is so important and so honorable and so worthy of respect that if Palin were to go from being a full time mother to being president, THAT would be a demotion.

No comments: