Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day Thoughts

I did my part on Amendment 2. I convinced the person both in front and behind me to vote for it. Neither seemed to know much about it. The lady in front actually walked up to me and asked me where Amendment 2 was on her ballot and I watched her vote. It was pretty cool.

My congressman, Mario Diaz-Balart, was in line so I got to grill him with some questions. I asked him how in the world he could not have an opinion on the Ramos and Compean bill and he waffled and wiggled and never answered my question. Sorry, but I couldn't vote for anybody on that one. I wasn't voting for pro-abortion Garcia and I can't vote for a republican who won't take a stand on a simple, but important issue...border control.

It took me 2 hours to go through the lines. Others were quite agitated at this, but I was too grateful for the opportunity to vote. My friends in Cuba don't enjoy this right.

No comments: