Monday, September 29, 2008

Your Share

“The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.”
Proverbs 22:7

It dawned upon me that with our national debt headed for ten trillion dollars, and with our population around 400 million, that means my family of five owns a $125,000 share of that debt. In other words, if the debt were to be spread out evenly, Uncle Sam would have to extract an additional $125,000 in taxes out of ME, over and above what I am already paying, in order to break even! Ummmm...I don't have that.

The Bible makes it clear that the borrower is a servant to the lender. This is true for individuals, but I would argue for governments as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Our women's Bible study just covered this. If Joy has thought about doing another women's study, I HIGHLY recommend Beth Moore's Wising Up...Fab-u-lous!!!